Best Practices and Insights
- Partners should not be sending follow up email’s as a next step after a lead has been qualified unless it is to confirm a scheduled call or information was requested. Selling over email doesn’t work!
- Partners should follow up with Lead within 24-48 hours of receiving a lead. We are finding that if a partner waits more than a few days, the prospect has moved on or has forgotten the conversation all together.
- If after 2-3 call-ins; you have not been able to connect, push back to the Inside Sales team and they can re- schedule or confirm the meeting.
- The follow up call should first be a quick introduction, a recap on the conversation the Inside Sales Rep has had and should be used as a way to build relationship, ID needs and to understand the landscape of their business.
- From that conversation, the Sales Rep should schedule an onsite or conference to present their solutions or services to the prospect or his/her leadership team. Make sure all or most of the Decision Makers are able to attend.
- Many of the organizations that we have spoken to have not used a trial/solution nor have they heard of Office365. In most cases, they are very familiar with the term “cloud” but don’t fully understand how it can benefit their organization. They also have a diluted view of how this new SaaS will impact their job. New solutions/ideas require trials not just hearsay. Remember, they don’t know you!
- Due to the significant natural disaster; Back up and Cloud Based technologies seem to be at the forefront of organizations minds.
- A fair amount of organizations are hesitant to upgrade their entire company or look to Hybrid out a solution.
- We have also been asking an additional question around End of Life solutions that will no longer be supported. Most of the organizations we are speaking to have some old outdated versions and are unaware of how/when/where to upgrade. Security can be a slippery slow in discussing options. Most don’t realize the security ramifications of running old outdated solutions.
- Roughly 50% of the organizations that we have spoken to are either planning on migrating to Windows7/10/Office365 in the very near future or have already migrated. The problem is; they don’t have a strategy in place and don’t have the first idea of how to ease out of on-premise and onto the cloud.
- 90% of the organizations that we speak to have said they are familiar with the “Cloud”.
- A lot of the small organizations are outsourcing their IT which makes it an entirely different conversation about (Managed Services, Support, pricing, Current Infrastructure etc.) This is typically a call that is conducted with the CEO/CFO or Controller. This is not a conversation we typically have with IT Support.
“Before FishNet Marketing; we were not even sure if the agency we were using was even calling on our list. Our update calls were a mess, and the people from the agency didn’t seem to know what was going on. We were spending thousands of dollars and getting nothing out of it. On a recommendation from our Microsoft Rep, we decided to hire FishNet Marketing. The service Sean and FishNet Marketing have provided us is EXCELLENT! Out of all of the other agencies we have hired in the past, FishNet Marketing has given us the best results.”
Empower Business Solutions